CNRS – Plant adaptation to climate change can be modeled. I analyzed a Centre National Research Scientific (CNRS) developed model for plant adaptation to climate change. Which I converted by importing old models and data into an Excel application. This expanded capabilities and flexibility making it easier to comprehend and adapt by users. (Montpellier, France
Adapt a Plant Overview
The goal is to compute and compare several species all competing against each other for water, sunlight and root and canopy space over the long term (100+ year period) using input from people all around the world..
We will create an on-line Open Source / Open Communities Internet Platform (ie. Github, Social Network Manager etc.) and develop the tools and social network which impact decision making.
Adapt a Plant The Problem
Difficult to understand, enhance and adapt
Impossible to Democratize and evolve.
The Daily Weather data requires re-structuring
Lacks technical documentation, user support and project development potential
A 3 step plan : 1) Create a simulation of Phenofit’s models and calculations in Excel and use it as a working tool. 2) Transport Phenofit Excel to web technologies (RISK, GUI, Widgets, etc.) 3 Create an open / on-line community project.
There are several reasons for decomposing Phenofit and scaling it down to an Excel version.
It’s easier to understand thus we can evolve, enhance and adapt it It easier to structure Phenofit for user control and data manipulation The outputs are already in Excel and graphics and documentation
Greater potential as it opens Phenofit’s data and calculations to more people.
Adapt a Plant Calculates Models
TYPE_GDD TYPE_SIGMOID REGRESSION_LATITUDE
Leaf ( functions and procedures of leaf unfolding and flowering models)
Adapt a Plant Species Details
Lists the details data emlements which discribe a plant to the models.
- Relative humidity at 2 m (Humidité relative à 2 m) [RH, %]
- Medium surface pressure (Pression moyenne au surface) [Press kPa]
- Daily precipitation (snow and rain) (Précipitation quotidienne (neige et pluie)) [P, mm]
- Daily sum of visible radiation (Somme quotidienne de rayonnement visible) [GLO, MJ/m²]
- Daily amount of infrared radiation (Somme quotidienne de rayonnement infra rouge [RAT, MJ/ m²]
- Average specific humidity (Humidité spécifique moyenne) [Q, kg/kg]
- Daily minimum temperature at 2 m (Température minimalle quotidienne à 2 m) [TI, ° C]
- Average daily temperature at 2 m (Température moyenne quotidienne à 2 m) [T_a, °C]
- Daily maximum temperature at 2 m (Température maximalle quotidienne à 2 m) [T_i, °C]
- Average wind speed at 10m hight (Vitesse moyenne de vent à 10 m) [Vu, m/s]